Watch this short video. Part 1 of a 2-part series on how to increase compliance with your child!
Who needs better quality sleep? Today I am reviewing basic strategies to help you and your child sleep better. I have also attached a Basic Sleep Protocol to the Resource Page of this website. This protocol includes a guide to the amount of sleep your child should be getting each day based on their age.
Some bonus tips:
- Put your kids to sleep drowsy but awake
- Don’t skip naps – doing this does NOT help them sleep better at night
- If your child wakes up in the middle of the night, minimize eye contact and talking, which are stimulating and may make it more difficult for them to get back to sleep
Welcome to Valley Behavioral Health! This site has been created to be a resource for families and professionals supporting individuals with developmental disabilities or behavioral concerns. The blog will cover topics such as:
- Helping your child sleep
- Who can benefit from behavior therapy
- How to obtain treatment
- Behavior tips and tricks for every day problems (such as: potty training, pick eaters, excessive tantrums)
- Supporting individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities
- Working with your child’s school/IEP team to maximize success
Please contact us or comment on our Facebook page to give feedback and let us know topics you would be interested in hearing from us!