TIP OF THE DAY: Share or request videos from other IEP team members
- A lot of parents and school teams struggle with communication – the pandemic has amplified that – especially those who are virtual learning
Are you struggling to communicate with the team? If you aren’t quite understanding…
- An intervention or strategy being used
- How a goal is being targeted
- What a particular service look like
A video can be a simple but powerful tool to get everyone on the team on the same page, communicate how your reaching your goal, and help families to feel more comfortable.
Videos can be shared between providers to help everyone be consistent and on the same page. They can also help parents understand how to help their child at home.
“I work with a lot of students who aren’t yet fluent with verbal communication – and when a child can’t tell their parents what happened throughout the day – it can create more worry on the parents part.”
- Video can really help to bridge that gap and build trust between the parent and school team
Do you need help bringing your IEP team together? Click here for more information on how we can help your team come together.